Â Short List of things that Hillary could have done diffently that may have gotten her the nomination:
1. Refuse for vote with Bush on things as important as the Iraq War, the USA Patriot Act and every damn nominee he sent up.Â Â As a result of her attempts to “triagulate” her positions herÂ voting record looks more Republican than democrat for the past 7 years.
2. Apologize willingly and sincerely for her Iraq war vote once everyone knew it was a tragic mistake.Â Every other candidate that voted for the war openly apologized for the vote. She stead fastly refused, which was odd since she seemed willing to say anything else she thought would help her win.
3. Acknowledge and correct her own campaign mistakes rather than simply acting like she was losing because she was being ganged up on by the boys in some sexist bid to keep her down.
4. Appeal to, rather than openly scorn and insult, the progressives in the Dem party.
5. Refuse to play the race card and pander to folks in the most racist parts of the nation for her votes.
6. Lie MUCH less.
Pro-war senators that diss the anti-war folks and pander to the most hawkish elements of the party are poorly suited to take up the mantle of the “anti-war” candidate, especially when they will not even admit that their judgement was tragically flawed costing thousands of Americans and hundreds of thousands of Iraqi’s their lives.
I for one am DAMN glad that we finally have an actual anti-war candidate.